The Future of Hawty McBloggy: A Website Announcement
September 9, 2010 460 Comments
Over three years ago, on one particularly fateful day, I started this crazy, little website. I’ve always loved video games as well as the written word, so the melding of the two was a very natural progression. Because I’m frequently traversing the virtual world of the internet, I’ve happily shared numerous fan-made projects, entertaining videos, hilarious pictures, and pretty much anything video game-related that’s worthy of your time. I’m immensely proud of not only what I created but also the fact that I’ve always stayed true to my one main passion: Halo. It’s because of that love that I’ve decided to venture down a new path, one where my dedication to all things Master Chief will reign supreme. I’ve accepted a position with 343 Industries, and thus Hawty McBloggy, my baby that I will always hold near and dear to my heart, is officially closing its doors. I’m thrilled to be joining the likes of Frank O’Connor, Alison Stroll, Cocopjojo, Vociferous, David Ellis, and numerous others whom share my passion for the constantly-expanding Halo universe, and I’m beyond excited that my focus will be solely on community management. I adore each and every one of you, and you will continue to be my number one priority.
Some things are changing, and other things are not, so let’s start by addressing both.
Things that are changing
- I currently work with my ass firmly planted on my couch. I was told, in my new job, that I will be sharing an office with Master Chief. That’s why I accepted anyways, so fingers crossed!
- I have to be nice now. They put it my job description. I have a lawyer looking into potential loopholes, but none have been found thus far. I also think the F-Bomb is off limits. Fudge. x 2.
- In the near future, I no longer will be rubbing Frankie’s head for free. That’s right, soon I will be getting paid for it! It’s in the form of Mister Chief pictures, but payment is payment, right?
Things that aren’t changing
- If our paths cross in the vast world of matchmaking, I will still probably stick a plasma grenade directly upon your back. Last I heard, they don’t have any magic buttons to push that will improve my Halo skills. That will be my first request, however.
- I will still be spreading my inane drivel to anybody who will listen. I will still spread it to those I can successfully corner as well.
- My message, the one I’ve been passionately preaching for the last 40 months, is not changing. I have always loved Halo, and I will always love Halo. Until the Covenant get me anyways.
Whether you’ve been with me since the very beginning or you just found me last week, I’d like to thank you for spending part of your day with me. I’m so very honored you’ve found my content worthy of your time. The support many of you have given me means the world to me, and it’s something I will never forget. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.
I’d also like to thank Bungie for creating the very thing that drives my passion each and every day. The love and dedication you’ve poured into your product has been felt by many and appreciated by all. I’ve been tickled pink whenever you’ve carried one of my articles, deemed me worthy of being an official affiliate, or invited me to various amazing events. I look forward to working with you in a new capacity and carrying on your incredible legacy.
The transition will be a slow one, so for now you can still look forward to updates here. In the near future though, you’ll be able to find me exclusively on Halo Waypoint (and even before that, at the Seattle EMP launch party!). Please know that while I am switching locations, I am not leaving. You didn’t think you could get rid of me that easily, did you? ;)