Mona Lisa Makes This Custom Xbox 360 a Classic

The Mona Lisa, a sixteenth-century portrait painted in oil on a poplar pane, is arguably one of the most famous paintings in the world. If you happen to be a fan of this popular piece of artwork, you’ll be excited to know it was recently recreated upon an Xbox 360. While a video game item is undoubtedly an unusual medium for classic art, the iconic image of a slightly smiling woman adorns one side of the interactive entertainment device while the artist used the second side of the case to flex his creative muscles. I’m thinking 2 Girls, 1 Box would be an excellent alternative title for this custom console (and that’s not just because I think it looks like shit either!). It can be purchased on everybody’s favorite auction site so hit the link to place a bid, or hit the jump to take a gander at a picture of the other side. One of those things causes more trauma than the other, but I’m not saying which one. As The Go-Go’s once stated, my lips are sealed. When penises aren’t involved anyways.

Mona Lisa Xbox 360

Mona Lisa Xbox 360

modalicious consoles

25 Responses to Mona Lisa Makes This Custom Xbox 360 a Classic

1. Ren Kris says:

Mona Lisa sure knows how to rock those shades ;)

2. JLay says:

If you cover the faces and hands, it looks great!

• ILovePretzels69 says:

I’m not sure how to interpret this…

3. The original image was actually looking pretty good… until I looked at the face. The fuck is up with her eyes? Is she the Unibomber’s sister? And I won’t even go into the second picture.

• D○m says:

Hahahaha. I know. xD

• TJ says:

Don’t you think it’s sort of fucked up to be harshly criticizing someones artwork like that?

I, personally, think it’s great.

• xLAS3RP01NT3Rx says:

There’s a difference between criticizing the effort and the outcome.

• TJ says:

How does that make any sense?

Seriously, just put it in context for me. Who mentioned anything about the effort?

• ILovePretzels69 says:

What he means is that we are criticising how it eventually turned out, not the arist for drawing it. We applaud him.

• If I run around telling everyone that everything is great, I’d be lying. Criticism is important.

• TJ says:

Other than anatomy, I don’t see what’s wrong with it.

• … the anatomy is pretty important, especially if you’re trying to paint the freaking Mona Lisa.

4. augustelc says:

the face is kinda creeping me out

5. Poopie McGhee says:

Saw on the listing that the next one’ll be Starry night with actual glowing lights… May bid on that, as it has no creepy face (It’s way better than anything I could do, tho)…

• Starry Night would actually be pretty cool. Maybe painting people just isn’t this guy’s particular strength.

• B1G TOBACC0 says:

I have to agree. He used the Mona Lisa, but his painting style evokes more Van Gogh or even early Picasso.

• Poopie McGhee says:

That’s what I was thinking…

• bs angel says:

That is one of my favorite paintings, so that’s a purchase I would definitely consider!

• Poopie McGhee says:

Same Here… It’s like an acid trip…

6. cardo8 says:

Shit, that’s much better than I could do. Good yob!

7. Cairo says:

Aah!

8. Pingback: Mona Lisa Xbox 360 |

9. SpaceGhost2K says:

On one hand, yes, it looks like a bad version of the Mona Lisa. On the other hand, it seems to me that that was the goal, to do a twisted version to crack you up and not just photoprint the Mona Lisa on the side of an Xbox. The other side with the shades seems to make that clear. I approve of the artist and both sides of the finished product. TBH, I’d rather have the weird version than the real one. Real one is cliche. (In other words, it doesn’t look like an attempt to duplicate it that failed – it looks like an attempt to do something different that succeeded)

• I could see that applying to the second side, but not really the first.

10. Pingback: Mona Lisa Xbox 360 Case is strangely funny | Xbox Freedom