Master Chief Goes Victorian with this Halo Steampunk Helmet

Steampunk Halo Helmet

There is something inexplicable about the innate allurement of modern utilitarian objects adorned with Victorian design elements. The last time we saw this mechanical “steampunk” style was on an Xbox 360 controller, and now, thanks to Christophe, we have the pleasure of seeing something Halo-related redesigned in the same popular trend. A project that, from visualization to fruition, spanned almost two months, this Halo steampunk helmet was more than worth both the time and effort. Christophe used plumbing PVC pipe and four layers of acrylic and spray paint as the tangible materials, but he says the recurring theme was failure and then numerous retries until something worked. Thankfully he stuck with it though because I’m pretty sure Master Chief could go diving in this thing. And needless to say, that will definitely come in handy when I meet him.

*Images posted with permission

10 Responses to Master Chief Goes Victorian with this Halo Steampunk Helmet

1. lozg1985 says:

@bsangel BOW CHICKA BOW WOW!

• Weezey31 says:

She will be calling him big daddy.

• Matt says:

How about a remake of “The Deep” starring BS Angel & Master Chief? And don’t forget the white t-shirt…

2. Pingback: Steampunk Halo | Kotaku Australia

3. A Shaky Shotgun says:

If this had been in the “alternate use” contest, I would have definitely voted for it

4. GLYPH says:

That’s a really cool take on Halo. Great job, Christophe!

5. Master Chief in Bioshock 3.

6. blarg says:

Very meh. http://morfis.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/sp_vader.jpg <–this is a version of a steampunk vader, Its interesting and well made.

this is a halo helmet covered in pvc pipe. Wooopdeedoo.

7. earle117 says:

“Thankfully he stuck with it though because I’m pretty sure Master Chief could go diving in this thing. And needless to say, that will definitely come in handy when I meet him.”

Thank you for making my day, I was practically crying I was laughing so hard after reading that.

8. Josh says:

This gives me an idea for the contest! If you think i’m going to turn my helmet into a bong then you are correct!