Halo Legends – The Package Today Only

The PackageHalo Legends, a series of eight short anime-styled films focusing on the lore of the expansive Halo universe, is releasing each individual episode via WayPoint in special 24 hour only live-streaming events. Today is the day to catch The Package, a chapter showcasing a clash between Master Chief (and his team of Spartans) and an opposing Covenant fleet. Considering The Duel brought us a small taste of Elite bewbage, I have high hopes for a video that so readily references Master Chief’s package.

32 Responses to Halo Legends – The Package Today Only

1. I read the title of this having high hopes for something else….

2. David says:

For the full 7 minutes the only thing I could think of was “Seriously?”

I liked the Duel even though it had me thinking that the Elite’s culture seemed too human and one of the reptilian aliens had hair but I still still found it entertaining.

The Package seemed so cliche and I don’t care how many artificial gravity machines you’ve got, you can’t do that in space!

• Xerone says:

When have we played Halo for its realism?

• Wasiq says:

You never know. It’s the future. This could be what happens in 400 years.

• xLAS3RP01NT3Rx says:

Thats my argument every time, lawl.

• Wasiq Khan says:

Also, a problem with the video’s accuracy:

All Spartans IIs wore Lime Green Mark VI armour, yet Kelly and Solomun? are wearing different colours and what not. Master Chiefs arnour is nore a olive green from years and years of fighting without cleaning it. :D

3. DethPwn says:

Oooh, “The Package”. Does it involve “The Project”? Maybe “The Package” is being delivered to “The Site”.

*yawns*

• DethPwn says:

Why the hate!

4. Gagazet says:

someone spotted the vid on youtube yet?

• VillX says:

yeah, i found one. it has Korean subs, but that isn’t too bothersome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5crtSfKLWVc

5. Sailor Harry says:

So far the best of the bunch.

Of course, thats like saying it’s the best looking mutt at the “Ugliest Dog” contest.

6. VoicedWalnut says:

It’s is my favourite out of all the episodes so far

7. waqs anyone else thinking about Luke Skywalker in the X-Wing fighter zooming down close to the Death Start throughout alot of that…?

• Mr Viper says:

I couldn’t take it seriously when Master Chief exclaimed “it’s a trap!”.

• Sailor Harry says:

And it didn’t help with the sound effects for the laser fire.

PEW PEW!!!

• Indeed Not says:

Oh yes, that was the first thing that popped into my head. The whole, flying through space on rocket-powered motorcycles was too over-the-top. At least Luke had a whole spaceship.

“Chief, use the Force!”

8. Radius says:

It actually wasn’t half bad. This is the first one where I wasn’t screeming at the TV the whole time while watching, and aside from a few physics errors and minor problems with the cannon, I thought it was pretty good.

I just wish they’d stop killing off Spartans. I mean, The Fall of Reach clearly states that only 3 SPARTANs were KIA before Reach, and one of those was killed in an early battle. So they’ve already killed all the SPARTANs they can, and then some.

But that’s just me. I’m a sucker for the cannon.

• xLAS3RP01NT3Rx says:

Yeah, but you know how its going to go with Halo: Legends.

Legends aren’t always true anyway.

• voicedwalnut says:

this is in halo first strikes period of time

• voicedwalnut says:

you can see this as john-117 is wearing mk6

9. xLAS3RP01NT3Rx says:

This wasn’t quite what I was expecting.

This looks not like Japanese anime.
    And that confused me.
    >.<

10. HellCat says:

That was only part 1 right?
    I thought it was ok. But i hate how they think its ok to kill spartans like theyre marines. And why not have MAC support from the fleet and longswords? Why send in 4 tiny thingees?

• Basic Paul says:

To avoid destroying “the package” and so that the spartans could dismount very quickly to retrieve it.

• HellCat says:

i meant as support

11. PikminGod says:

no fair..i’m still RRoD

12. L3377MA573R says:

This has to be the only one I truly watched and just said “Wow.” MC’s voice may be a bit off, but there’s no forerunner architecture that’s actually japanese, no elite boobs, the elites have mandibles, and the artwork style actually looks like something from the Halo Universe. The best of the bunch, I may buy the DVD just for this one. Can’t wait for part 2.

• voicedwalnut says:

I am in complete agreement there buddy

13. Basic Paul says:

The bike things were a bit meh, MC voice wasn’t quite right, but as this was when he was slightly younger i can let that go… but apart from that it was amazing. the graphics were nice, the 3D animated render style was awesome, and it actually looked, as said previously ^ like something from halo…. the babysitter was WAY too exaggerated and japanese anime style, and the duel was good, but painful on the eyes due to the “water colour” look.

• Mike says:

the bike thing confused me… like i understand that spartans are better at fighting and aiming and all that human error stuff… but they were on the flying motorcycles from star wars… but with huge rocket packs that could take out like every gun on a single covenant ship… why not just make those to attack everyone? im not trying to make the arguement of “if the black box survives a plane crash why not make a plane out of that stuff” its more of a “if a knife can cut through a bullet proof vest why not shoot knives” sort of arguement

14. IcyTreats says:

Mrrrh. Make the Mk VI armor Mk V and I’ll be happy.

15. Staticrift says:

Just watched it on youtube.

I sort of liked the style being similar to game play. However it kept over explaining things, those spartan crafts seemed a little to powerful for what ive already seen/read of the HALO universe and why do they walk around in normal armour only to change it for battle (sure some changes may have certain advantages for certain situations, but we all know its so we can tell who’s who). I can forgive the physics as it is a long time in the future and who knows what anti gravity could do by then, although noise in space is always going to be impossible. I have many smaller nit-picks but I don’t want to rant to much.

Feeling slightly disappointed, it could have easily been better :(

16. emmanuel says:

can someone help me find a place to watch the packege online free