Nuka Break!

When you find yourself dangerously low on health while traversing a post-nuclear world, making your way to a Nuka-Cola machine should be first on your list of things to do. While previously only possible in the virtual world of Fallout, some rather creative folks found a way to turn it into a reality. They started with an old Vendo96, slapped on some stickers printed on a large-format printer, and crafted it into a machine that kicks out Nuka-Cola Quantums. And by Nuka-Cola Quantums I mean Mike’s Hard Lemonades decked out with aqua-colored LEDs. Pretty much the same thing anyways as they both create a similar effect. At least I think they do as the glowing urine from the infamous flavored malt beverages and asparagus incident is the only thing I remember. Regardless, more pictures after the jump!

real life nuka-cola machine

real life nuka-cola machine

real life nuka-cola machine

real life nuka-cola machine

real life nuka-cola machine

Source [technabob]

29 Responses to Nuka Break!

1. LAZR Blade 14 says:

I’ve actually never played Fallout 3, but regardless, this is really, really cool. I’d have to try a pop sometime. :]

2. pikmingod says:

I WANT! I wish a company had capitalized on the awesome that is Fallout 3 and produced Nuka Cola. I always imagine that it tastes like RC cola. But i wish they had done the same thing like they did with Game Fuel for H3, only with Nuka Cola. I would drink it constantly!

• DethPwn says:

Kinda like what The Simpsons did with Buzz Cola?

• Ryushi says:

Or Duff Beer

3. Rhamsey says:

i want that in my living room.

4. CBTrigger says:

Thats freakin’ sweet. I wonder how much it would cost to make one cuss that would be awesome if I could make/buy one.

5. SonofMacPhisto says:

This might just get me to try Fallout 3. Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

6. Achilles1108 says:

That is one of the coolest things I have seen. Reminds me of the one in my house in Megaton.

• krazygnome says:

Heh, look at this guy, in his world Megaton is still there. Pssh!

7. StuntDouble2483 says:

Now that would be an awesome collector’s edition extra…not that I don’t love my lunch box and bobble head. And the art book is one of the better ones I’ve seen, lots of sketches and notes, unlike the skimpy Gears of War artbooks and the not-even-in-hardcover-and-free-from-the-website-anyway Mass Effect artbook.

• O.o I’ve got a hardcover Mass Effect Artbook, it’s actually quite good, talks about the evolution of character designs a lot…

• StuntDouble2483 says:

Yeah, I picked it up too! Much better than the one that came with the game, and I always prefer to have a physical copy of something rather than a digital one (I don’t think I’ve looked at the downloadable version since I got it).
        Hopefully they’ll come out with a new one for ME2 as well.

8. ODST Alpha says:

Someone need to make an exact replica of the one from Fallout 3 to make it even more awesome.

9. Scotty-Bob says:

Wicked cool!!

10. Poopie McGhee says:

that is so cool cause if you drink like 40 you could get drunk… it’s mike’s hard lemonade, right?

11. HellCat says:

Wow i dont have fallout3 but i’ve read a lot about it and this is so awesome! is it for sale, i will give all my monies for it

12. GeneralCupcakes says:

Bethesda just called, they want one.

13. LordOsiris says:

No one has pointed out Quantam’s dont actually give you any health. They do increase your agility, though.

• Crazeye0 says:

Quantams give you extra health, at least I think they do.
      Anywho.
      Nuka cola on the list of things to do when I’m dying? hah, no, I like to freeze time and pump up on loads of stimpacks. Much better idea. Besides, I have to save my Nuka cola quantam up for the Girdershade lady.

• LordOsiris says:

Regular give you extra health and RAD’s. Quantams give you +2 Agility and +10 Rads.

• Demon971 says:

Wrong. Nuka Cola Quantums give +20 Action Points (AP), plus 10 rads and a bottle cap.

• bs angel says:

Maybe I’m mistaken but I thought both a regular Nuka-Cola and a Quantum were in the pictures? Regardless, I talked about the Quantum because I think glowing urine is awesome, as is asparagus. :)

• Crazeye0 says:

Ah, Sierra gave you the tour to huh?

14. Don A K Bab says:

Great stuff, now to get my hands on some of those, some abraxo cleaner a couple of empty bean cans and a big tin of turps.

15. I’ve never actually played Fallout 3, but my dad has, and he thought this was awesome.

16. A Deaf Boy says:

*gulp gulp*

17. DethPwn says:

Three words: BEST LAN EVAR!!!!11111!!11!11!!!!!

18. Pingback: Silly Stuff: Fallout 3 Nuka Cola Vending Machine - Grumpy Ol ‘Vania

19. Morpheus300 says: