Average Life Span of a Video Game

cad

9 Responses to Average Life Span of a Video Game

1. nixproto says:

haha! “Left For who?” -that’s me. I haven’t touched L4D in maybe 2 months.

I’ve been switching between H3 and the Halo Wars Demo. But I did start the Halo 1 campaign over today…

2. Ragingterror says:

Well, isn’t that a pity? >_<

Heck, I still go back and play some of my old RPGs every now and again (Chrono Trigger, anyone?)…

3. Trixie says:

This just goes to show you how totally awesome Halo3 and Bungie are. :) Its been 18 months….and how many of us are still playing H3? even some H2? Even if we take a break here and there to play some Gears, L4D, CoD….we still put the H3 disc in at least once a week…

4. cbd says:

It does show the difference between a will-be classic and just-another-game… the classics will still be played years later

Every once in a while, I still pull out my old Nintendo 64 and play an hour or so of SuperMario64, Goldeneye, or Perfect Dark

5. DethPwn says:

Might I add Halo has been a monumental series for nearly a decade now? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Mike says:

I think it really depends on the game. For instance, I keep coming back to Call of Duty 4 because its multiplayer is teh rocks. I still revisit GTA IV for some mindless carjacking and stunts.

Heck, I still play X-COM on the PC once a year.

7. yoogleific says:

sooo many games, so little time.

8. seVen says:

I’ll play all my games as much as a can. I play Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 a hell of a lot more than the rest, but I try to get the most out of my money.

• Deadlock says:

Me too, whats the point in buying a game if you don’t enjoy it for more than say, a week?