Master Chief, Delicious Enough to Eat

Today’s Halo 3 final week countdown activity :
Bake a Halo 3-themed dessert.

I love baking, especially desserts. YUM. I also love doing crafty projects that involve Master Chief. It seemed only natural to combine the two. I’ve already made Halo cupcakes, which was fun but they were rather basic. I just didn’t have to time to make them any more elaborate. With the activity of baking a Halo 3-themed dessert, I really wanted to put the time and effort into making something cool. So that is what I did.

*click image to enlarge
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I decided to make a cake in the shape of Master Chief’s helmet. I started by making three large white sheet cakes. I shaved the top of them off in order to make them completely flat and then cut them in half. I frosted and stacked them, and then began carving. The cake ended up being five layers tall with a small top layer to shape the helmet. I then colored the vanilla frosting, pink for the main part and gold for the visor. Frosting it was the most challenging part. I didn’t want the pink frosting bleeding into the yellow frosting or vice versa. I didn’t do a good of a job keeping the frosting smooth unfortunately; there were a fair amount of crumbs in it. I did the best I could smoothing it out by laying wax paper on top of it and pressing it as smooth as it would go. Then I topped it with some pink crystals and I had a Master Chief cake.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is the first time I have baked a cake like this. While I was pleased with my first attempt results, I know I can do better in regards to its appearance in the future. I will say this however : remember that Wii cake that Martha Stewart made that wasn’t edible (because she had to alter the cake recipe so much to hold the shape that it tasted like cardboard)? Mine is superior in that department. It is white cake with vanilla frosting and the recipes were not altered one bit so it tastes utterly delicious. Master Chief has never tasted so good.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Your creations :

by yayap_the_grunt
The covenant uncovered a giant banana split under the earth.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

15 Responses to Master Chief, Delicious Enough to Eat

1. Zoom says:

Omg that looks awesome! Maybe I should try baking some halo cookies today.

2. Josh says:

Wow!

I’m really hungry after seeing those lol

3. writeitoutplease says:

I’m sure Master Chief would be proud, lol. For some reason, I started picturing a PC Halo mod where players picked up the cake instead of the skulls, enhancing their abilities instead of making the game more difficult.

And the frosting may not be flawless, but I think it’s a lot smoother than you give yourself credit for.

4. missmoo82 says:

That cake looks so awesome! Looks good! LoL

5. yunahalo says:

Can you send me a piece of that? I think I need to eat some!

6. Stuicide says:

This is the best project ever.

We need one of these at a LAN. Or for my birthday, you can still send it, even if it is a little late.

7. Elnea says:

Most Kick-a** cake ever!

Thanks! : )

Today is dessert day because I figured if you made it today and started eating it tomorrow, you will still have plenty to snack on when you are playing H3 shortly after midnight! Gotta have those midnight snacks ready, and it doesn’t get much better than a Halo 3-themed one.

9. chickachicka says:

Angel you did such a great job on that. I’ll have to try making one for my brother sometime. Amazing job I would have not been able to figure out how to make something like that.

10. The covenant uncovered a giant banana split under the earth.

Pardon the language but no other words will do in this circumstance.

Holy shit!! That is pure awesomeness. LOL …

12. Silvercube says:

mmmm cake! yummwa! very good!
    and banana split! making me hungry for a midnite snack!
    very nice : )

13. khaversiddiqi says:

Thats just plain delicious. Banana split. Yum!

14. Pingback: Top Posts « WordPress.com